The following content comes from our Journal titled 6 Reasons Why Cacao Powder is so Healthy
- King of Antioxidants: As measured by ORAC value, cacao is one of the most antioxidant-rich foods on earth—even more so than all-stars like goji berries, acai, and blueberries. Here are some useful explanations on what antioxidants are and why they're so good for you.
- Better than Caffeine: Cacao is the single richest source of theobromine of any food in the world. Theobromine is a naturally-occurring stimulant in the same chemical family as caffeine, but it’s longer-lasting than caffeine and less jittery. Read more about theobromine here.
- Cognitive Function: Theobromine and other flavonols in cacao help improve cognitive function—not only the same day you consume it, but also cumulatively over the long-term as we age. Refer to this study.
- Mood-Enhancing: Cacao has multiple chemical compounds with measurable mood-enhancing properties, including: serotonin and serotonin precursors like tryptophan; a neurotransmitter called phenylethylamine (also known as “the love drug”); and the body’s own naturally-occurring antidepressant called anandamide (known as “the bliss molecule”).
- Skin Health: Flavonols in cacao help regulate skin health at a genetic level, boosting collagen and “significantly” reducing wrinkles caused by exposure to the sun. Check out this study published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
- Teeth Health: Believe it or not, but theobromine actually protects tooth enamel from erosion. Theobromine even beat fluoride in a head-to-head competition.
THE MAIN TAKE-AWAY: Cacao is arguably the healthiest thing you can put into your body. It allows you to operate at a high level and helps you feel good throughout the day.
Use a keyword or phrase in the search box above or contact us via phone, SMS, WhatsApp, email or social and we are happy to help.